Monday 25 May 2009

A RANT - YORKSHIRE PEOPLE


I cycled up to the supermarket at Matignon this morning. As usual there were British tourists topping up their groceries, but unfortunatly today I have to report an unusual amount of Yorkshire families infesting the aisles.
Firstly in the soft drinks aisle, Father, wife and 2 kids. Father wearing a Barnsley shirt. One of the kids pointing and saying "YUK!" to all the drinks that were in the slightest way different to her standard UK fare.
Then it got worse..In the soups and sauces aisle, there to my horror was Mr fat Leeds Shirt, with Mrs Lardy wife, and the two teen girls.
All I wanted was some stock cubes, but I was drawn to the conversation by Mr & Mrs Fat Leeds over what soups they would buy. "ooo, Kylie wont like that flavour, haven't they got cream of tomato?". This conversation went on for about 5 minutes.
Low and behold, I am at the fruit stall and another Yorshire accent is behind me.."There here Barb...Bananas are "reet" here.
I had to get out, only to be in the checkout queue behing Mr & Mrs Lardy Leeds. In their shopping baket was 4 packets of tomato soup powder, and English style loaf, tins of tuna, crisps, 4 cream cakes, and some cheddar from the deli counter.
Now I have never been keen on Yorkshire folk, right from my Navy days. Arogant, always think they are right, and worst of all they call Yorkshire ...GODS COUNTRY.
Yet they come over to Brittany, don't eat out to try the local delicacies. They search for Chicken and Chips and anything recognisable from home.
If Yorkshire is so bloody great you tight northern gits, go to bloody Scarborough for your holidays, and take your badly dragged up kids with you.
There you can munch fish 'n' chips all day and sup warm northern ale!
You won't be missed here!



No comments: