Sunday 20 May 2012

UNBELIEVABLE



Where do I start with this?
We were in a group of 5 teams. 7 sets, so first to 4 would get the points. We won our first 2 comfortably, but then got beaten 4-3 by Pau. An easy win in the last game saw us through the group stage.  

So, through to the last 16, which to be honest was our maximum expectation.


Vitre were beaten 4-0 in the last 16


There were 6 of us in the squad and we could only play 4 at a time so the problem now as captain was to keep everyone happy.


1/4 finals and a 4-1 win against Angers, last years winners. 


The Vitre lot were very friendly, and there is a fair chance we will play them in a pre season friendly next year.


I cracked and had to have a fag before the semis.



So it was Calais in the semi final.
I decide not to pick myself for the game and went with Seb, Andy, John, and Robert.
Whilst the game was on I turned round and there were hundreds watching from the gallery, cheering for us as the "small village"
Sadly we lost 4-1, and after a play off game we finished 3rd.
At this point the camera ran out of juice.
Just my luck. 

.

The celebration meal in the evening was outstanding in the fine city of Lorient.

Where is the cup you may ask..Well, it will be delivered this coming week along with a very profitable cheque for a fine days work.
I really don't know where this team goes from here. I can't imagine it getting any better than this.

The Ouest France newspaper are coming down for the presentation, so I will post a link on here later in the week.
3rd in a National Competition! I would never have dreamed it.

No comments: