Sunday 1 June 2008

GRUFF. RIP



We held a dinner party at home last night for our friend nextdoor, Karen and the girls
plus Tim.
At about 10pm Gruffy chased a cat right through the back garden and was knocked down by a speeding car on the road.
All we could do was pick him up and with the help of Yves nextdoor, bury our beloved dog by our vegetable patch.
This morning, we miss the moaning wake up call, the barking at the rain, the stealing of socks, the non stop ball playing, and the total love that Gruff gave to us for 5 years.
We type this through real tears, and his loss is massive to us who loved him with a passion. We had plans for all sorts of summer days out,and much more.
I hope he is chasing everything in heaven.
RIP Gruffy, You were the best!




4 comments:

bigrednick said...

DO NOT MOURN MY PASSING

DO NOT MOURN MY PASSING FOR IF YOU COULD ONLY SEE,BY SLIPPING ALL MY EARTHLY BONDS, I'M YOUNG AGAIN AND FREE.
BY DAY I RUN THE HEAVENLY FIELDS, MY BODY HEALTHY AND STRONG AT NIGHT I SLEEP AT ANGELS FEET LULLED BY CELESTIAL SONG.
SO DO NOT MOURN MY PASSING, JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES - YOU'LL SEE
I'M ONCE AGAIN THAT FRISKY PUP, JUST AS YOU REMBEMBER ME.

CONDOLENCES; A WATCH

Anonymous said...

Fuck.. thats shit!
Rest in peace Gruff...

pompeygooner said...

Al, Marie, so sorry to hear the bad news, it was only a few days ago I was with you both and Gruff and was subject to his continual ball playing.Take care and will see you soon. Again my condolences, this has really pissed me off.

Anonymous said...

Fond memories of Gruff-barking in my ear making my hungover brain rattle! & those fab xmas cards he always stared in-so sad for you both
Cousin Kate & the Hills x